About Us: SwissCommerce is a leading ecommerce company that believes in the power of data to shape our business. As we strive to elevate our business intelligence/analytics, data science, and data products, we’re seeking an experienced Senior Data Architect to help build and implement our data strategy.
Our vision: Live and share your passion on the #1 platform for special markets.
Your mission: As a Senior Data Architect, you will be instrumental in transforming our organization into a data-driven entity. Your role will be pivotal in constructing a Lakehouse architecture, preferably with experience in BigLake, Databricks Lakehouse, Snowflake or similar on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to enable efficient data analytics and data science operations. You will work in close collaboration with our data science, engineering, and product teams to design and implement data models that scale.
- Design and build a Lakehouse architecture on GCP that serves the needs of BI/Analytics, Data Science, and Data Products.
- Establish data architecture standards and best practices for the organization.
- Work with data engineers and data scientists to ensure that data solutions are aligned with company requirements.
- Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility.
- Monitor system performance and revise architectures as needed.
- Define security and backup procedures to ensure data protection and compliance with GDPR or other relevant legislation.
- Provide strategic advice for data usage, operations, analytics, and data management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, or similar role in data management.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Lakehouse architecture, ideally on GCP.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis and visualization tools.
- Familiarity with GCP services such as BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, and Vertex AI.
- Proficiency with Apache Kafka for event-driven architecture.
- Experience with big data processing frameworks like Apache Spark.
- Experience with other open source solutions.
- Proficiency in both English and German languages.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- GCP Professional DevOps Engineer certification.
- Experience in the E-commerce domain
- Very engaged and ambitious team with a lot of fun!
- A lot of opportunities to learn & grow professionally and personally.
- Work smart – choose the ideal environment for your tasks.
- Startup spirit and having an impact
Start: By agreement
Location: Oradea (RO)
We are looking forward to receiving your application by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject «I am your Data Architect».
Thank you very much!